WE MAKE A LIVING BY WHAT WE GET,
BUT WE MAKE A LIFE BY WHAT WE GIVE.

WINSTON CHURCHILL

About Dependable Dumpsters

THE MISSION

CREATING RESOURCE FROM REFUSE

As forward thinkers, the Dependable Dumpsters team is committed to innovating how we deal with waste.

We want to provide the U.S. with a better solution to waste – and a better, more sustainable tomorrow. Through our mission, we hope to protect the environment, save taxpayers money, and keep Kentucky safe and healthy.

THE CHALLENGE

TACKLING waste sustainably



The U.S. is currently home to 3,091 active landfills and over 10,000 old municipal landfills. For safety reasons, the EPA mandates certain types of waste may only be disposed of in certain types of landfills, such as:

     Industrial/Construction & Debris (C&D)

     Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)

     Hazardous Waste (HW)

Unfortunately, most people don’t know how to navigate and remediate their own waste streams effectively and safely. Small businesses make up 50% of our economic output, so they’re generating a large amount of the country’s waste. That’s a lot of waste that gets thrown out improperly.

So why does it happen? Well, there are a few reasons. General lack of knowledge, sudden life events (loss of a loved one, foreclosure, moving, etc.), and destructive weather events – among other reasons – can all lead to improper waste disposal and illegal dumping.

Take for example, a large hurricane, like Hurricane Harvey or Katrina. After a hurricane floods a city like that, garbage amasses quickly. House demolitions, garbage in the streets – it creates a big mess and a huge waste problem.

Overwhelmed by all the destruction, many throw up their hands and just throw everything into the dumpster. Though well-intentioned, this illegal dumping damages our environment, taints our water supply, and hurts our citizens.

Furthermore, it’s expensive to clean up – more expensive than it would be if disposed of properly. And this cost gets passed on to taxpayers.

About $4 million per year is spent to clean up Kentucky’s roadside litter alone. Another $2.9 million is spent on cleaning up illegal open dumps across the state.

Kentucky produces nearly 17 million pounds of garbage per day.

83% of Kentucky households participate in trash collection. The other 17% who don’t, produce about 3 million pounds of garbage per day.

Despite legislative efforts at addressing these problems, illegal large and small scale dumping remains a major problem in Kentucky and across the United States.

It is estimated that there is approximately 98,995,672 tons of illegally dumped waste worldwide.

HOW WE DO IT

YOUR TRASH HAS A PURPOSE

Dependable Dumpsters is committed to create a sustainable waste processing system robust enough to process waste to make the best recycling decision for people.

We want to save the environment, save taxpayers money, and keep our country healthy and safe.

In order to achieve this mission, we needed a waste stream – which is why Dependable Dumpsters was created.

You can trust Dependable Dumpsters to dispose of your waste properly and legally, and most importantly, sustainably. Your trash becomes a recovered resource that can be creatively re-used or repurposed.

Together, we can make Kentucky – and the entire United States – more sustainable, and help solve our country’s waste problem.

THE WORKPLACE

We care about people.

If we want to solve the waste problem, we can’t do it alone.

Our team is more than just a group of employees – it’s a family. At Dependable Dumpsters, we value each and every person who walks through our door or uses our dumpsters.

All of our practices are sustainable and safe. Our top priority is keeping our team and customers safe. Our workplace enables team members to take preventative measures to minimize their exposure to dangerous substances, therefore preventing the development of chronic health conditions in the future.

 

This company is for my people, and my beloved state of Kentucky. Furthermore, it’s for the US as a whole. For the employees, consumers, and businesses that make this country awesome. The people are one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle – and they always come first at Dependable Dumpsters.

Close Menu